Hello my fellow hippies and other folk alike!
As promised, we are organizing a nature trip this Saturday and the place we agreed on was the Sipoonkorpi national park. The route we are taking is called the Kalkkiruukki trail which is 4,8 kilometers long and on the website it's described as a "demanding trail" (even though me and Jukka have been there before and to be honest it seemed like basic terrain to us). It is said that the trail is under renovation at the moment so some steps and signs might be missing but it should be ok if you just watch your step and don't take the best Sunday-shoes with you.
- A nature trip to Sipoonkorpi national park. The trail offers wood and field scenery as well as a beautiful landscape from top of the Högberget rock.
- This Saturday on 22nd of October. The starting time is around 12.30 but if you know you're coming late contact someone who is coming so we know to wait for you. The trip will take approximately 2 hours, depending on how fast we walk and how much we want to admire the scenery.
- In Sipoonkorpi national park, Kalkkiruukki trail, starting from the Sotunki-area in Vantaa at the end of the Kalkkiuunintie road.
- The directions to get there by public transportation are as follows:
* Coach number 717A (Route: Helsinki-Sotunki)<http://aikataulut.reittiopas.fi/linjat/en/s717.html> (reittiopas.fi) travels to Sotunki. Coach 711K<http://aikataulut.reittiopas.fi/linjat/en/v711.html> (reittiopas.fi) from Tikkurila in Vantaa goes to Sotunki. The bus stop at Kalkkiuunintie road is about 2 km from the starting point for nature trail. Hikers can however get onto the nature trail at an earlier point where the trail crosses Kalkkiuunintie road.
* From Itäkeskus to the southern part of the park: bus lines 93 and 93K<http://aikataulut.reittiopas.fi/linjat/en/h93.html> (reittiopas.fi) run to Landbo. From the end of both of these lines you will only have an approximately one kilometer walk to the southern end of the national park.
- If you don't feel like walking from the bus stop to the starting point, Jukka is coming by car and he is willing to pick up people from the nearby bus stops. Contact him by either phone (0503562439) or via facebook if you need a ride.
- And by car:
* To get to the southern part of Sipoonkorpi drive through Sotunki in Vantaa. For example when coming from Kehä III take the Hakunila exit and continue north along Hakunilantie road past the sports grounds in Hakunila and then onto Sotungintie road. From there turn left onto Nybyggetintie road. 1,8 km after the previous turn, turn right onto Tasakalliontie road. There is a parking area at the beginning of Tasakalliontie road.
For more information about the place, visit: http://www.nationalparks.fi/en/sipoonkorpinp?inheritRedirect=true
Looking forward to seeing you all there and if you got friends that might be interested ask them to come along!